Thursday, May 21, 2009

The NSO Experience


This 'almost' boards experience is sending my nerves cracking already. After this endless studying I figured out I need a big break after. After realizing that my old birth certificate cannot be used for my application for this August's Medical Licensure examination, I had to rush to NSO to file an application for a copy. My sister told me it was an ease on filing for a copy of my birth certificate so I thought hey need to do this so I could go on with my reading.

Around 10am I arrived at the NSO building in Quezon Ave not knowing that the office has already moved to East Avenue near the SSS building. My golly, did I mentioned it was one hot day (33 degrees to be exact). Arriving at the NSO WTF! There were thousands of people lining-up filing for birth, marriage, death certificates and including the NOMACER(short for no marriage certificate)and the VISA's and the likes. My...I lost hope the moment I entered the premises. After picking up an application form and my Q-number....men....i was up for 5457th. Damn! I was sweating like hell already. I filled-up the form then on walking towards the long line, there was a booth near the rear end of the arena where the long line was located indicating a phone line where NSO services could be afforded using mailing services. It was a bit expensive compared to the usual process of lining up. So I decided why not instead of lining up in here?

On my way out, I texted my sister and told her of my plans. Nagreply ba naman at sabi sa akin na sayang at nandito na raw ako why not try pa? Kainis, alam kasi nya na madali ako makonsensya. Hay, naku. Cge hala, balik sa loob. When I was inside, stayed there for a while to observe things. Ting! haha. It just snapped on my head. I didn't have to line up. Actually there was no such thing as a line. It was all people waiting there for their number to be called. It was like 3780th that time and well, I can do some other things while this is rolling down. I went outside, I figured I have 3 more hours before my number is called.

I went in McDonalds in Tanadang Sora coz I really felt hungry and starving. I ordered my favorite Cheese burger meal with coke float. Yum. haha. Then had a few smoke. I went back at NSO around 3:30 pm. To cut the story short, I finished my application without the hassle of waiting there pretending lining up. it was still a tiring experience though. I'll be back there on May 26 to pick it up. Hopefully with no more problems. My boards getting nearer. 2 more months after May.

No comments: